We know there is no shortage of Orlando tattoo parlors. So how do you know which one is right for you? It’s essential to do the research before you settle down in the chair so that you can make sure your tattoo will be something you’ll be proud of forever. There are a few things to consider when you’re choosing a tattoo shop:
- Hygiene - Does the shop maintain health and safety standards? Tattoos are a serious business and you don’t want to go through the tattoo process in an unclean environment. Check to see if the stations are disinfected with a virus killing solution such as Madacide FD after each tattoo, if they use disposable tattoo supplies, and if the artists are certified in blood borne pathogens, CPR, and First Aid. At Hart and Huntington Orlando Tattoo Company, we're proud to say that all of our artists are certified and that we uphold the strictest of hygienic standards. We're talking hospital grade.
- Experience - Do the artists have experience in the type of artwork you want? Cover-ups to portraits to traditional styles, different artists have different specialties. You want to make sure the artist has experience in the type of art you’re looking to get done. Check out the H&H blog page or our Orlando tattoo artists' portfolios for some of our artists’ specialties and work.
- Reviews - Does the shop have good reviews? Word of mouth is a strong indicator of happy (or unhappy) customers. If you can’t find anyone in person, check the review boards and make sure they have a string of good reviews.
- Reception - Does the artist listen to what you want and offer professional advice for the best possible outcome? It’s your tattoo! Make sure that the artist understands what you want and is confident in producing a quality tattoo for you – just the way you want it.
- Price - How much will the tattoo cost? This can be tricky, though, because choosing a shop based exclusively on price may not produce the best product possible. Remember, this a permanent modification to your body! You get what you pay for.
But don’t take our word for it. Go to the Orlando tattoo studios in person and see if you feel comfortable there. Stay for a few minutes, check out who the clientele is and how they’re treated. See if the health and safety standards are up to par, because going to the wrong place can have disastrous consequences such as:
- Infection - It’s scary easy to catch a skin infection or disease if a tattoo parlor isn’t practicing proper cross-contamination and hygienic procedures.
- Allergic reaction - If a tattoo parlor is using poor-quality ink, you could have a bad reaction to it.
- Bad experience - You may end up with a tattoo you like, but if the journey is hell to go through, is it really worth it? Intricate tattoos can take hours and hours of work, do you really want to spend that with someone who doesn’t listen to you, won’t talk to you, is rough, or won’t keep you informed?
- Crappy tattoo - Probably the worst thing that can come from choosing the wrong tattoo shop is a bad tattoo. Best case, you end up with a tattoo you just don’t like, worst case, you end up on Fail Blogs.
The bottom line here is just to be careful. Do the research and see which Orlando tattoo shop is right for you. We may be just a tiny bit biased, but after doing your homework, we think you’ll find it’s us.